During her time in a studio in New York City with jazz legend, Tony Bennett, Lady GaGa took time to speak to Rolling Stone magazine about her feelings on the death of musician and singer Amy Winehouse. Lady GaGa was recording her duet of “The Lady is a Tramp” for Bennett’s upcoming duets album, when she revealed how Amy helped create a music industry in which she could succeed.

It really affected me quite deeply. Isn’t it strange to say ‘She is,’ and now I have to say ‘She was?’ I’m just really glad that we got to admire her and tell her how much we loved her when she was alive. I hope she knows now in Heaven, where she is, how much we all loved her.It really affected me quite deeply,” she said. “Isn’t it strange to say ‘She is,’ and now I have to say ‘She was?’ I’m just really glad that we got to admire her and tell her how much we loved her when she was alive. I hope she knows now in Heaven, where she is, how much we all loved her.

Winehouse, who died on July 23rd, is also set to appear on the album in a duet with Bennett, in what will be her last appearance in a recording studio. Lady GaGa continued:

I’m a huge fan. She was my only hope when I was up and coming. Nobody knew who I was and I had no fans, no record label and everybody, when they met me, said I wasn’t pretty enough or that my voice was too low or strange. They had nowhere to put me. And then I saw her in Rolling Stone and I saw her live. I just remember thinking ‘Well, they found somewhere to put Amy…’

She’s really special. She just gave me a lot of hope and she deserved a lot better than what people gave her. And I hope that the world learns a lesson from this. I really hope they do. Because it’s not her lesson to learn – it’s the world’s.

0 comments:

Post a Comment