Lady Gaga was interviewed by British actor and author Stephen Fry for the latest issue of the Financial Times, on newsstands yesterday. The two met at the Lanesborough Hotel in London to discuss fame, fans and more. Check out some photos here and quotes from the interview and be sure to pick up a copy of the FT Weekend for the full article.

On money:
“It’s honestly true that money means nothing to me. The only big things I’ve purchased are my dad’s heart valve and a Rolls-Royce for my parents, for their anniversary. And that was only because my dad had a Lady Gaga licence plate on our old car and it was making me crazy because he was getting followed everywhere, so I bought him a new car. Other than that I put everything in the show, and I actually went bankrupt after the first extension of The Monster Ball.”

On fans:
“I sent them hot chocolate yesterday, and macaroons, and then today I had press all day and I felt a bit bad because I wouldn’t have much of a chance to go down and say hello. But I did manage to go down and brought them some fresh cookies and flowers. <...> Little Monsters are a community. It’s kind of nice that wherever I go they create a little home for me.

On Madonna:
“I genuinely love her so much. I think she is so amazing. She could never be replicated and, yes, I’m Italian, I’m from New York, and not for nothing, it’s not my fault that I kind of look like her, right? So, look, if anything, it’s more annoying to me that people would insinuate that I don’t like to be compared to her… She’s wonderful and inspiring and liberating, and she’s certainly inspired my album, as did David Bowie, as did Prince, as did Michael Jackson, as did Grace Jones, and I would never take that away.”

Listen to the full interview at FT.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment