Lady Gaga stepped out in New York City last night, 20th October, to attend the “Right to Rock” fundraiser. Organised by the Little Kid Rock foundation, dedicated to providing music education in underprivileged schools, the fundraiser featured an auction. Lady Gaga won a dinner with Steve Van Zandt (E-Street Band), Maureen Van Zandt and a bottle of wine signed by James Gandolfini after bidding $13,000 to win the bid. All proceeds go toward the foundation.

After winning the bid, Gaga revealed that she will go to dinner with Van Zandt in Parma, a restaurant where she worked at the age of 19. She also revealed that she served Van Zandt during her time working there.

Lady Gaga also received the “Big Man of the Year” award, named after the late Clarence Clemons, who played saxophone on her song “The Edge of Glory”, and who also played for the E-Street Band. As she received the award, Lady Gaga revealed how it brought back memories:

"My first experience with music was my father playing vinyl of the E-Street Band. Clarence and the sound of his saxophone – that was the sound of my youth. It was the only instrument and the only poetry that described the way I felt when I was five and when I was six and when my Dad told me about growing up in New Jersey and what it was like to see Bruce on the boardwalk and make out with girls on the beach."

0 comments:

Post a Comment