Lady Gaga graces the cover of the October issue of Harper’s Bazaar magazine, on newsstands later this month. The picture, taken by Dutch photographers Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin on the set of Gaga’s music video for “Yoü And I,” is the fashion magazine’s first black-and-white cover in over twenty years.

“I don’t really view it as ‘natural,’” the singer said of the cover shoot. “I think that artifice is the new reality. It’s more about just being honest and sincere to the core of what you do. Whether I’m wearing lots of makeup or no makeup, I’m always the same person inside.”

“Don’t you think that what’s on the cover of a magazine is quite artificial?” she continued. “There’s this idea that it’s all natural, but everything’s been staged to look natural. It is also an invention. It’s just that my inventions are different. I often get asked about my artifice, but isn’t fashion based on the idea that we can create a fantasy?”

Click here to view pictures from the photo shoot by Inez and Vinoodh or head over to Bazaar.com to read Lady Gaga’s cover story.

0 comments:

Post a Comment