Lady Gaga’s latest song “Yoü And I” is still among the top ten singles according to Billboard, but the singer is already planning her next radio release. The fifth cut from Gaga’s multi-platinum album Born This Way is the fan favorite dance track “Marry The Night,” which was produced by Fernando Garibay and is inspired by Gaga’s love for her hometown New York City.

“I wrote so many songs on this new album about New York City, but one in particular ‘Marry The Night,’ that record is about my husband, New York,” she told MTV prior to the album release.


“You know, we’ve been working together for years, so I’m so excited. I feel like, you and I have yet to have our big hit record,” Gaga said of collaborating with Garibay. “I kept saying to him, ‘I don’t want to do anything I’ve done before. I don’t want to sound like anything I’ve done before.’”

“He goes ‘Your show is a religion and your fans are a cult,’” she recalled. “And I heard these church bells. It’s this epic music. It’s just so big. And I started to cry. He said, ‘What’s wrong?’ And I said,’I can’t believe that you hear me so big.’ ”

“It’s like Whitney, but imagine if Bruce Springsteen had a baby with Whitney Houston — that’s what it is,” she added. “And that was it! We made a baby. Finally. After all that fornication, miserably long and tedious, Fernando and I finally conceived.”

“Marry The Night” debuted on Billboard’s top 100 singles back in May, when it reached number 79 due to strong digital sales following the release of Born This Way. Do you think the song will become another chart success for Gaga? Share your thoughts on the single choice in the comments below…

0 comments:

Post a Comment