Lady Gaga is set to guest in the upcoming episode of The Simpsons titled “Lisa Goes Gaga.” In the storyline, the singer comes to Springfield to to cheer up a dejected Lisa through “the power of speech, song and a flash mob,” Entertainment Weekly reports.

Gaga told EW: “I make music, but I don’t do voice-overs every day of the week, and their characters are so awesomely convincing and sincere and wild and funny, I had to remind myself constantly of the sincerity of the humor. That’s what I was trying to focus on, not putting on a character too much and really being as sincere as I could with the lines.”

“I would say this is one of the coolest things I’ve ever done,” she added. “My dad’s probably going to do eighty backflips when the episode comes out.”

The Simpsons creator Matt Groening says he is proud to add Gaga in the list of the series’ guest stars: “Since the very beginning, I’ve always wanted to have on the most iconic personalities of our time, and she’s it. It’s very hard to top reality with her, but I’m sure we’ll come up with something that is going to be as improbable as her usual wardrobe.”

“Lisa Goes Gaga” airs in early 2012 as part of the 23rd season of the animated series.

0 comments:

Post a Comment