Lady Gaga voiced her support for Japan at a press conference at Billboard Live Tokyo earlier today. The singer, who is named Forbes’ most powerful celebrity in the world, used her star power to “remind the world that Japan is safe” following the March 11th earthquake disasters and urged tourists to return. Check out what she had to say below…

“I’d like to use my position here today and all week-long to run around Tokyo and enjoy the beautiful city,” an emotional Lady Gaga told reporters. “I want kiss all the beautiful little monsters and scream at the top of my lungs that everyone should come and visit this beautiful place. This is one of my most favorite places on earth.”

“I believe it’s time to look forward now,” Gaga continued as she sipped tea from a porcelain tea cup, which she said she would auction off to raise funds for the Red Cross. “It is so important that we continue to raise money. But it is also important that we remind the world that Japan is now safe and that the doors are open for tourists from all over the world to come in and enjoy the beautiful country.”

At the news conference, U.S. Ambassador John Roos thanked Lady Gaga for sending a “powerful and wonderful message” to support Japan.

“I had breakfast with some U.S.-Japan think-tank experts who said to me, Mr. Ambassador, what can we do in order to strengthen the strategic, economic and people-to-people relations between Japan and the United States?” he said. “And I had one answer. Lady Gaga.”


0 comments:

Post a Comment