Lady Gaga’s Born This Way is this week’s number one album in the United Kingdom. The CD debuts atop the official charts with over 215,600 copies sold in its first week, outselling the rest of the Top 10 combined and scoring the biggest opening week of 2011.

“I feel so honored to have the highest first-week sales in the UK this year,” said Gaga. “I wrote the album’s first single ‘Born This Way’ in Manchester because I was so inspired by the confidence and bravery characteristic of my fans. To the United Kingdom, thank you for believing in me.”

Lady Gaga tops the UK albums chart for the second time in her career – her debut album The Fame(re-released as The Fame Monster in 2009) reached the number one spot four times and is currently No. 7 in its 124th week on the chart.

The singer will return to the UK next month for more album promotion, including a performance of four songs from Born This Way on Paul O’Grady Live.

0 comments:

Post a Comment