Lady Gaga has just surpassed Britney Spears as the most famous person on social networking site Twitter. At the time of writing, she has 5,666,500 followers, 100 more than Britney.

The singer joined Twitter on March 26th, 2008 with the following update: “Rehearsing for my video ‘Just Dance’ and am now at WMC to perform at the Armani and Nervous Records party. But I am no nervous record”. Since then, she wrote 460 tweets.

Unlike Miss Spears’s tweets, which are either promotional messages from her staff or personal notes that appear when the pop princess is reportedly attending an event, all of Lady Gaga’s updates come directly from her. They are later being reposted to Facebook, where she became the first living person to reach 10 million fans last month.

Take a look at our favourite tweets from Lady Gaga after the jump!

“Turn on The View… about to give America the flu.” – March 10, 2009

“My long hair is back today, lavender locks for my birthday! Tonight at midnight. 23. It’s been the best year of my life, I’m so grateful. xx” – March 27, 2009

“I just saw a fan write my lyrics on a paparazzi car. You’re badass and I love you. Xxloveandart gaga” – April 21, 2009

“They tried to arrest me in Russia, for leather at St. Basil’s. But all is calm in the red square, as I leave the east Parisbound.” – April 26, 2009

“Stop leaking my motherfucking videos.” – May 29, 2009

“Whoever stole my much music outfit, the Haus curses you with a future of fashion travesties… I miss & love my fans. See you soon in Paris.” – July 7, 2009

“GagaDaily.com is the best! I love you guys, thanks for being the best fans ever. You’re doing a great job. Xxgagaloo” – July 22, 2009

“Coffee and a ciggy in Denmark, making hair sculptures, writing music… I could find truth in this red lipstick all day. The joys of a wench.” – July 31, 2009

“Love you Japan! Poker Face just went #1! Thank you! My show was so good last night. I just had to go home and suck my own hermie dick, suckka.” – August 08, 2009

“Saw Beyoncé live, from the stage. She’s an amazing performer, and a beautiful person, inside and out… Love a strong ass woman. xx” – August 13, 2009

“Aaliyah marathon doing makeup, she’s an angel.” – September 9, 2009

“God Bless New York and everyone whose life was stolen on 9/11. Back home today, doing charity for the mercy center, then rehearsal. Xiloveny” – September 11, 2009

“Still leaving on solo tour this November. Announcing next week. Leaked next single is making my ears bleed. Wait till you hear the real version. ;)” – October 2, 2009

“My Daddy had open heart surgery today. And after long hours, and lots of tears, they healed his broken heart, and mine. Speechless.” – October 23, 2009

“Seems as though my twitter was hacked yesterday. I could be angry, except I secretly love how psychotically smart my fans are.” – November 17, 2009

“Monster Ball is amazing, enjoy while you can. I’m already redesigning it for 2010, the haus tells me there’s hospitals who accept people like me.” – December 20, 2009

“Pretty genius, big huge man banging on the car window outside the arena, trying to sell me scalped tickets to my own show. You scallywag!” – January 13, 2010

“@gagadaily I dont know what I did to deserve the gift of you and all my fans. But God made you little monsters very special. You are my heart.” – March 19, 2010

“Rehearsal till we bleed. Sweat, passion and knee pads. Feel like I’ve waited an eternity to release my favorite song from The Fame Monster.” – April 25, 2010

“#AlejandroIsUrDaddy is trending? Little Monsters are crazy?! (Me and RedOne laughing on floor of studio) You are so funny! Thank you we love you!” – May 9, 2010

“So many will try to destroy me. So many, over and over, coming in periods of greatness. But in this period, I cannot be broken: GAGAKLEIN.” – June 7, 2010

“A middle finger is more New York than a corporate ambush. I bleed for my hometown, and I’d die for my fans.” – June 11, 2010

“My little monster sweeties are already camped outside Today show! I love you! Will be sending you pizza and water all day! And a surprise tomorrow! x” – July 8, 2010

0 comments:

Post a Comment